From the beginning, the engineers from TEBIN have been using BIM (Building Information Modeling) – all projects in all phases are designed only in Autodesk Revit.
BIM is always seen by us as a key for the engineering industry as it looks to digital transformation to tackle some seemingly inherent challenges such as budget overspend, project delays, and quality control issues. Last year the company took another step towards integrated design and started using liNear solutions for technical calculations.
MEP projects needs
When designing MEP projects, it became necessary to automatically calculate heating loads based on an architectural model, as well as fast updating of calculations when input data changes. Also, we were looking for solutions for hydraulic and aerodynamic calculations based on the creating model. Previous calculations were carried out with the help of other auxiliary programs with the need to manually transfer a lot of data. That was very time-consuming and was a higher risk to lose some data. Using LiNear for Revit solutions allowed us to avoid such difficulties.
We managed to feel all the advantages of liNear solutions during the design of a residential complex in Berlin. The complex has a total area of ~ 22500 sq. m and consists of seven sections with underground parking. The apartments are heated by floor heating panels.
With the help of the program we were able quickly to perform the tasks required to achieve the project goals:
• create MEP model with MEP spaces and zones and enrich them with further information such as target temperatures or internal loads
• transfer and analyze the model in liNear Building
• the heating load calculation according to the local standards (the program automatically determined these for the whole project, the floors or each of 1600 individual premises)
• the automatic radiator dimensioning as well as the calculation and dimensioning of panel heating systems according to the area plan and transfer selected components into the model (more than 1200 floor heating panels)
• construction of the heating network with the project specified components, carry out network calculation and automatically re-dimension the net components
• write the results of our design directly into the model for further use for the BIM process
All the elements of MEP design were determined more accurately, all calculations were done with one product avoiding information loss. The detailed model contains all data and geometry required for the accurate installation of MEP systems.
Using the liNear solution for Revit allowed us to avoid routine work, increase specialists productivity and free time for high-quality design decisions.