The Designer is assigned specific tasks on project teams and is expected to use their education, intelligence and common sense to resolve the engineering problems and tasks they are assigned. However, more experienced staff should always be made available to help.
The individual must be able to perform each responsibility satisfactory to Client’s expectations. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, sill, and/or ability required.
TYPICAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND CAPABILITIES
Electrical engineering: Medium voltage (0,4kV), High voltage (10kV), CCTV, Access Control, Automation, BMS, Computer and telephone, fire alarm and detection system, lighting, grounding and lightning protection and other related systems.
• MV power distribution
• LV power distribution
• Grounding and lightning protection
• Fire alarm & detection
• CCTV & Access Control Systems
• Instrumentation & Industrial Automation
Makes calculations, using engineering formulas and skills for design such as electrical design (Conceptual Design, Basic Design and Detail Design).
• equipment sizing (transformers / UPS / generators / cables etc.)
• load schedule
• short circuits
• grounding & lightning protection / расчеты заземления и молниезащиты
• lighting / расчеты освещения
• BIM Modelling, Families creation, BoQs, Layouts, Sections based on schematic layout by Lead Engineer.
• Layout portions of cabling systems or branch circuitry based on schematic layout by Designer/Engineer.
• Specialized drawings such as electrical riser diagrams, functional diagrams.
• Select equipment based on recommendations of Designer/Engineer and fill out equipment schedules.
• Select materials and equipment based on recommendations of Designer/Engineer and fill out equipment and materials schedules.
• Provide drawing for own designs and produce sketches to incorporate in drawings by drafters.
• Research design options and document findings for Designer/Engineer.
• Provide information to Designer/Engineer for incorporation into specifications.
• Review shop drawings.
• Research code issues and ask general questions of code officials.
• Organize and maintain project files.
• Assure that drawings and designs are in accordance with Client production and design standards.
• Attend construction meetings and produce site observation reports as needed.
• Value engineering.
• Use computer programs (Revit) and spread sheets for engineering analysis and presentations.
• Revit / MagiCAD / Dynamo / AutoCAD – MUST
• DIALux – MUST
BIM (BUILDING INFORMATION MODELLING)
• BIM oriented / BIM ориентированный
• Digital Driving
• English – MUST (Intermediate)
• German – MUST (Intermediate)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum 5-10 years previous design or related experience.
• Advanced Technical Degree in from an accredited technical institution or college.
• Must be proficient in the use of computer for design and understand BIM (Revit) and CAD operations.
• Communication, coordination and leadership skills
• Self-educating skills.
• Understanding and knowledge of applicable codes.
• Keep current, on the “State of the Art” in their design specialty through review of periodicals and continuing education.
We are always looking for talented, enthusiastic, professional, experienced and flexible colleagues from different countries to join our local offices.
Please, use this form (e-mail) to contact us.